Saturday 20 October 2012

Happy Anniversary

I realize today it may not be the order than things are always done .... but "in theory" without celebrating a marriage, we would not be able to celebrate the joys of having "3 Generations".

Today is my Parent's wedding Anniversary.    it's a time to look back at a couple's joys, honour the life they have shared together, and to look forward to the future they will have together.

It's funny, as I'm doing my family tree research, the focus seems to be on births and deaths.   Marriage registrations and certificate are exciting finds because it confirms or reveals the names of Parents and birth locations.    With births and deaths it's so easy to get emotionally caught up in the event ... but Marriage is such a wonderful part of our family and who we are.   it joins 2 families and brings them together into one family tree.    from now on, I'm going to take a better look at the marriage registrations I find, look at the signatures on the documents .... did they have a big wedding or a small one, was the Bride as beautiful as I imagine, what was everyone wearing, did they arrive in horse drawn carriages or motor cars.

no marriage is perfect, but my Parents have had a wonderful marriage.   today I think of my Parents wedding .... of what an exciting day it must have been.   the fall colours that were in their glory outside the Church, my Dad waiting at the alter with his best friend, my Mum standing at front of the Church with my Grandfather holder her arm and walking her down the isle.   two very different families (country vs city), from different backgrounds (French Canadian vs Scottish/UL/UEL), and different Religions (R.C. vs Protestant) .... all comming together in a union so that I could have the best family tree of all.

So, Cheers to my Parents as they celebrate their Wedding Anniversary .... here's to another 100 more !!

No comments:

Post a Comment